Friday, July 20, 2012

Member of the Week: Chelsea Lowell


CAFME's full of some pretty amazing people, and we want you to get to know them. This week? Meet Chelsea Lowell, a rising senior interning at ad company BooneOakley in Charlotte.

Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am a rising senior at UNC Chapel Hill, majoring in Journalism and following the advertising sequence. I am from Charlotte, N.C., which is also where I am interning this summer. I love to write and create advertising campaigns.

How did you get involved with CAFME?
I got involved with CAFME because some of the girls at Her Campus UNC are in it and absolutely love it!

What do you like the most about the club?
I like CAFME because I think it's a great way to network.

What else are you involved with on campus?
I have fueled this passion with my work at Her Campus UNC, where I am the marketing editor. I am also a member of the communications committee of UNC’s advertising club, in addition to being a member of the fundraising committee of Habitat for Humanity.

Tell us about your internship.
Currently, I am an account management intern at BooneOakley. Two UNC alumni, John Boone and David Oakley, founded the agency in 2000. The agency is now an internationally-acclaimed advertising and digital agency that creates bold, culture changing ideas for brands.

How did you hear about the opportunity?
I found out about this internship through one of my friends who interned with BooneOakley the previous summer and have loved my experience with the agency so far! Never discount how important networking is when scoring an internship!

What has been the most challenging/rewarding aspect of the internship?

I love the freedom of working at an advertising agency, but it can be stressful when you are working on a tight deadline. Writing a brief and presenting it to a client can be challenging, but very rewarding at the same time. I wouldn’t trade my experience at BooneOakley for anything!

What would you like to do after you graduate?
I would love to work at an advertising agency in NYC upon graduation.

What is your one Carolina must-do before you graduate?
I have yet to drink from the Old Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment